Steps for migration agents to complete a skills assessment
- See our checklist (219 KB) (39 KB) of required documents.
- Read requirements for scanned copies before submitting
- View resource and a video on how to upload your documents to ANMAC – watch on YouTube.
|d akvf ihaSg||candvihbare|
Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to:
Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
Step 2. Determine what type of skills assessment your client is eligible for:
- Modified skills assessment – holds current registration as a nurse or midwife in Australia or New Zealand
- Modified PLUS skills assessment – holds a current letter of ‘Notice of in-principle approval of registration subject to proof of identity’ from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra)
- Full skills assessment – holds current registration as a nurse or midwife overseas after having completed a minimum bachelor qualification in the Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States.
Step 3. Collect and scan the following original supporting documents provided by your client
For all applicants:
- Proof of identity
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months.
- Graduation certificates and transcripts from all countries, including commencement and completion dates.
- Professional references (58 KB) to support your clients work as a paid nurse or midwife. For more information go to Resources.
Modified PLUS only
- Current 'Notice of in-principle registration subject to proof of identity' from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra).
Full assessment only
- English language test results - include the test number and test sitting date
- Transcripts of training, include commencement and completion dates, as well as theory and practice hours. If the university cannot provide this information, ANMAC will accept a copy of the syllabus emailed by the University directly to email@example.com
Step 4. Create a new account on the login page using your clients email address. You can only apply once using the same email address. Please use different email addresses for multiple applications. Agents become the primary contact on completion of the application. This is an automated process when the ‘agent details’ section is completed on the application form.
Step 5. Complete the skills assessment application relevant to your client by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment – see our fee schedule on this website for information about payments and refunds
- checking you received an email from ANMAC confirming successful receipt of your application and payment
- contacting us if this confirmation email is not received within 24 hours
- uploading your supporting documents, once payment is confirmed, by going to the my account section in the ANMAC portal
- contacting us if you experience difficulty with document uploads
- avoiding account deletion by submitting your application and payment within one month of creating your account.