If an applicant is dissatisfied with the assessment decision made by Skilled Migration Services, they can request an independent, internal review of their application.
The applicant is required to:
- request the assessment decision to be reviewed within 30 days of the initial determination
- send a written request for appeal to the Manager of Skilled Migration Services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Manager Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
- submit payment of the appeal fee as specified in the fee schedule on our website.
- respond to a written request for appeal within 5 business days
- action the appeal upon receipt of the appeals fee
- have the Director of Accreditation Services conduct an independent assessment of the applicant’s suitability for migration against stated assessment criteria.
- have Skilled Migration Services provide the Director with the applicant’s application, supporting documentation and any other relevant information.
- notify the applicant of the final decision my email.
For further details about appeals, please refer to the Skilled Migration Services Appeals Policy.